West Jefferson High School is participating in the district sponsored School Climate Transformation Survey through the School Climate Transformation Grant awarded by the U.S. Department of Education. The survey will allow West Jeff to measure conditions for learning to improve our school’s environment.
Link to Parent Survey:
The results will be used to develop and implement data driven targeted interventions that will:
- Address suspensions and expulsions related to substance use and violence
- Reduce the use of alcohol, tobacco and other drugs
- Improve academic achievement
- Increase student safety
- Increase graduation rates
- Reduce dropout rates
- Reduce at risk social behaviors
- Provide a continuum of mental health services to serve youth and families
- Provide services to enhance pro-social skills for youth and families
Students will also be participating in this survey during class time. However, if for any reason you do not wish for your child to participate, please complete and return the denial of permission slip to your school by February 2nd and your child will be excused from participation. Simply click on the appropriate link below.